Saturday, October 18, 2014

Valley of Fire Overnight

Always on the look out for routes around big cities, I thought I would drive via Henderson to skirt Las Vegas completely.  It sure didn't save any time, and it was a little spooky as I was kinda short on gas, but the views were amazing.  Not sure I would do it again though......


One day I will plan for an extended stay at Valley of Fire.  As an overnighter, though, one can always count on a spectacular sunset.   (Note to travelers:  first come first serve, and always many empty spaces in past, not this time as it was Saturday night!)


And for today's bonus.....a great horned owl landed on the rocks above my camp!  She stayed for the longest time and then swooped off in pursuit of dinner.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!