Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Yosemite Valley

It was heaven to visit Yosemite Valley on a quiet winter day. What to do?  Visit all the iconic spots or hike?  Today I did the tourist route, without the tourists!

Cascade Creek has a good flow; probably due to our recent rain storm.


Next stop, Tunnel View.



The sun kissing the top of Bridle Veil Fall.  It looks like more water than actually is in the creek.


It was fun taking pics of three older (than me) ladies on the Chapel steps.  Then, I peaked inside just as they broke into Rock of Ages!  Wow, that was cool!


Upper and Lower Yosemite Fall.



And the 'Muir' rock on the trail to the Lower Fall.


Coming back down the trail, a Pileated Woodpecker was hunting bugs in an old snag.  Snaps are here.

I love the different views when the leaves are off the trees.



My final, and what turned out to be best, stop of the day was at the last turn out along the Merced River before the Big Oak Road.  It was magical.


Reflections in the Merced were brilliant.




An 'impressionistic' view of El Cap.


The sun would come and go, every time making me think I had never seen the valley so beautiful and tricking me into taking (another) one LAST shot!


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!