Saturday, April 23, 2011

Rain Lilies and More

My favorite stops along a loop on Highways 71/290 include Fredericksburg, Enchanted Rock, and the Johnson Settlement. I’ve blogged about these several times before so will try to pick some new and different pics for you.

This building in Fredericksburg has been for sale for many years.

IMG_3279

After a piece of Coconut Cream Pie down the street I needed to go for a bike ride!

IMG_3282

Oh yeah,  they make the yummiest pies in town.

IMG_3281

The best surprise on this trip was the bloom of Rain Lilies at Enchanted Rock and along the highway right of ways.  B told me they usually only bloom after a good rain,  but they must be desperate this year because it was really just a shower that brought them out.

IMG_3297

IMG_3300

IMG_3305

IMG_3326

Finally,  I never drive home without stopping to say hello to this old oak on the Johnson Settlement. 

IMG_3343

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!