Tuesday, March 8, 2011

24 Hours in Napa

Mustard is blooming all across the valley.  I found this field along Jack Tone Road on my way to meet a friend for a quick visit in Napa.

IMG_2654

The ‘Riverfront’ is a faux section of town that is beginning to look really natural.  Give it 30 or 40 years and we won’t know the difference.

IMG_2661

There is probably a list describing the downtown art,  we didn’t have one,  so each piece was happy serendipity.

IMG_2660

Another happy surprise were the art installations in the empty store fronts.  Vintage Button Lady and Mosaic Woman are two striking examples.

IMG_2664

IMG_2667

IMG_2665

Appropriate for the parking garage.

IMG_2712

IMG_2713

In front of the Napa Valley Museum.

IMG_2709

IMG_2703

I really like art created from found objects,  but this one stretched my imagination.  It’s a pile of ranch junk.  I know…….

IMG_2707

Good food,  fun walks around town,  a search for Italian cherries, and some exploring was a good start to learning about Napa,  but the area really deserves more than 24 hours.

1 comment:

  1. Napa was a real surprise to me when I visited this fall. I hadn't expected to like it, but it was one of my top adventures for the year. I can't wait to go back!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy!