Sunday, January 30, 2011

Main Street Sculpture

Marble Falls (about 45 minutes west of Austin) has this really cool program that allows artists to display their work along the old Main Street.  Every year or so they change out the art works.  I wanted to see what was new before I head back to CA next week.

The most striking new (to me) piece is this dragon fly on the Uptown Theater.  (I like the reflection of the wing in the window too).

IMG_2242

Here’s a closer look….

IMG_2244

This horse is created from ‘found’ objects.  It would be fun to  spend some time identifying all the different pieces.  Love the wrench that acts as a part of the foundation for the whole work.

IMG_2250

And a closer look…..

IMG_2252

Ms. Long Ears in the late afternoon light.

IMG_2249

There’s a great restaurant on Main Street, but rats, it was closed!

IMG_2247

Finally, unrelated to this post,  but interesting to me,  there was a grassland fire along Highway 290 ….. on the 30th of January!

IMG_2267

1 comment:

  1. I love that Dragon Fly too! They are our daughter's favorite as well. She collects anything that is DF related. I just noticed there is a dinosaur that is about to eat your RT! That is a great picture :) I won't show Taj, she would get nightmares!

    -Mike & Heidi
    97 Roadtrek 170P "Taj Ma Trek"
    HTTP://WWW.VanTramps.Com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy!