Saturday, November 13, 2010

Saguaro National Park

My redwoods and bristle cone pines are going to have to make room for the saguaros.  I am so in awe of these spectacular plants and got a brief introduction to them by driving the 8 mile loop.

IMG_1452

There are many turn outs and over looks along the road to get good looks at the saguaros.  (Great trails too, but those will have to wait for more time).

IMG_1468

IMG_1461

IMG_1462

IMG_1465

At the top of the loop the terrain becomes more rocky.  These are called the Javelina Rocks.

IMG_1477

There are two sections of the Park  just outside the city limits of Tucson.  I visited the east side on my way to Interstate 10.  And looking across the park to Tucson in the distance, R and J’s house is on the very far side of the city at the base of the mountains. What a marvelous place to live!

IMG_1459

2 comments:

  1. Saguaro is always a favorite hike when I pass through Tucson. Thanks for reminding me of what I will see when I pass through at in late January.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, I love saguaros also. Just so photogenic. Thanks for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy!