Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Before and After

The original bed in my Roadtrek was the three cushions that also serve as the seats for a dinette.  Finally the spirit moved me to dramatically upgrade the bed.

BEFORE……..

IMG_1312

Because I had purchased the fabric several months ago, all I needed was a piece of memory foam.  I created a fitted sheet type cover for the original cushions covered with the 2” of new foam.  I also  sewed four pillows and the inset panels for the doors from the same fabric.  The brown pillows are stuffed with my down comforters, sheets, and a couple down coats.

AND AFTER………

IMG_1323

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! And helps with a storage problem as well! Looks sharp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Especially the door panels - that is totally cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent job! That looks really great :) I love the door panels! I have been thinking for a while that I should do something with ours as well. Not sure what we will do with them, but this is a great look for sure :)

    -Mike & Heidi
    97 Roadtrek 170P "Taj Ma Trek"
    HTTP://WWW.VanTramps.Com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy!