Saturday, September 11, 2010

Kayak Week-end

My friends R and P invited me to join mostly family and a couple other friends for a week-end of kayaking, hiking, shopping, river cruising, and tons of spectacular food at their Fish Camp on the Noyo River in Fort Bragg. 

This is the view of my campsite from my kayak in the middle of the Noyo River.  Just reverse to imagine the gorgeous view out my back windows!

IMG_0116

There are always many beautiful flowers blooming in Fort Bragg.  (They grow like weeds do here!). These at Fish Camp were a sample of what I would see before my week was over.

IMG_0148

IMG_0250

It was fun experimenting with my new camera.  This is a passion flower.  Still lots to learn, I’ll do a post about it soon.

IMG_0264

These sunflowers are growing in a garden along the walk from Dolphin Island to Harvest Market (almost my favorite grocery store!).

IMG_0130

R did a fish fry Friday night.  The tempora ling cod (fresh off the boat) was fabulous, as were the vine ripened tomatoes from his garden.

IMG_0182

IMG_0261

P’s sister S is creating ‘sock monkeys’ for all the kids.  While they shopped for fabric to design monkey couture I explored the neighborhood.

This spider web was not the original subject of the pic, but it steals the show!

IMG_0224

Down the street is a color coordinated ‘76’ facility.  This tickled my fancy remembering all the ways I have labeled valves and pipelines over the years.

IMG_0200

IMG_0208

IMG_0207

The porch at the quilt shop is decorated with old ringer washing machines used as flower planters.

IMG_0196

Sunday afternoon R took the gang on cruise through the boats in the harbor for a seal’s eye view of the bridge.  I walked up the road and almost missed them as they came back up the Noyo River.

IMG_0242

IMG_0243 

No post about Ft. Bragg is complete without a rusty boat.

IMG_0236 

Evenings ended with a warm campfire and outrageous desserts served in C and P’s cozy RV.  Thanks guys for a really really fun Kayak Week-end!!!

IMG_0150

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!