Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I love Fort Bragg

My friends, R and P, graciously offered me a site at their ‘Fish Camp’ on Dolphin Isle.  After one last stop to walk in the redwoods at Van Dam State Park on Little River, I arrived at Fort Bragg late in the afternoon.   The first thing I did was hit the showers.  Yay, hot water! 

They are renting kayaks now and these were just outside my window waiting for a chance to get out on the Noyo River.

IMG_9070

Across the river a heron was hunting for her dinner.

IMG_9074

For me, I had left overs and then walked back into town to Harvest Market for some dairy free ice cream.  Stopping just a few times for photo ops it was about an hour round trip. 

IMG_9080

Love these antique roses. (This shot would be nicer flipped upside down!)

IMG_9081

The boneyard is almost more interesting than the marina.

IMG_9084

I got back to camp just before dark for my last lovely cool night on the coast.

IMG_9085

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!