Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day Trips – Big Trees

When I get home one of the first places I visit is Calaveras Big Trees.  Even with the late spring, most of the dogwood blooms were gone.  The best surprise was so many snow plants.  Super nephew G spotted this one.

IMG_8645 

We found this yellow violet along the Grove Overlook Trail.

IMG_8648

And these tiny mushrooms.

IMG_8650

I often take pics of old wood and they usually don’t turn out so good, but this one did!

IMG_8642

When B was growing up we lived along the 120 corridor so didn’t get over over this way often.  Now I visit the Big Trees regularly. The kids have been coming here since they were toddlers and still love to hike, climb, and explore in the old trees.

IMG_8641

IMG_8640

Before heading home, we took a ride down to the river,  and found a few blooms of Mountain Laurel.

IMG_8659

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!