Friday, November 28, 2008

Final notes from road trip.......

I decided to stick with the back roads from Zion to Gallup, not realized the beautiful country I would discover driving along the Vermillian Cliffs. This is the Navajo Bridge. The left one is the highway and the right is a walking bridge.


California condors have been released in the Marble Canyon below the bridge. I didn't get to see one, maybe next time....

On into Texas again on very back roads, I headed south to Fort Sumner and the Billy the Kid museum. It was truly one of the most amazing western museums I have ever seen. Room after room after room of neatly displayed (and labeled!) artifacts. Including everything related to Billy the Kid, his gang and even Pat Garret.

But these were two of the most interesting pieces to me, a "gambler's table" that converted into a chair when not in use.....


.......and a machine that manufactures brooms!


Happy trials.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!