Sunday, August 17, 2008

No bikes to borrow today

My plan today was to "borrow" one of the three wheel (!) bikes the Visitor Center has available in Smithville. Sorry to say they were not open on Sunday and so no bike ride.

I walked the Riding Tour instead. They have mapped out 30 outstanding historical homes between 1st Street on the southwest and the Colorado River on the northeast. Setting a fast pace with few stops took me almost an hour. The "Hope Floats" house is even better in real life. Next time I will take pictures.

The Central School had a sign out front indicating it might be an art/antique center soon. It has
13, 000 square feet with 13 classrooms sitting on a whole block.


The oak trees in Smithville are huge.

A block on Main in the Historical District. By the way, I didn't see any other "district".


A local Grandma I talked to in the park said Brad Pitt has recently been in town filming a new movie, watch for Smithville when it comes out next year.

Happy trails.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!